One Minute Meditation: Spring Rains Fill Stream

Have you been too busy to get outside and see what’s going on? Do you need a minute just to relax and do nothing? I thought I would do some one minute meditations, starting today, with this video I made recently in my backyard here in western North Carolina. Come join me for a short walk!

As you watch, imagine yourself walking along a small stream in the forest. It is early spring, with just a few ephemerals poking out of the ground. The sky is cloud-filled, the temperature cool. All you can hear as you move along is the sound of falling water. It relaxes you, makes you feel calm and unhurried.

This entry was posted in 1 minute meditation, For My Soul and tagged , , .

9 Comments

1. Carol Beth Icard April 17, 2017 at 2:30 pm #

That was a lovely surprise! Thank you very much for the chance to quiet my mind.

• Sharon Mammoser April 17, 2017 at 2:34 pm #

You are welcome. That was exactly my intent. Glad you enjoyed it and Thanks so much for letting me know!

2. Hon April 17, 2017 at 9:48 pm #

I am not sure how you are going to top that

• Sharon Mammoser April 17, 2017 at 9:52 pm #

I think my trip to Douglas Falls tonight will top it…Coming soon to a blog near you.

3. Lisa M April 18, 2017 at 10:27 pm #

Thank you Sharon! That was so lovely!
    I love all the new features you have been adding to your website and to your postings. It’s been a good reminder that trying something new is embracing optimism, and that is what we all need now. You have always been a pro at finding the silver linings, and sharing them with others. I appreciate your finding new ways to do that!! 🙂

• Sharon Mammoser April 18, 2017 at 11:04 pm #

Thank you, Lisa, you are much more generous with your praise of me than I ever feel is deserved. I am glad you found value in the post and I so appreciate that you are still following along. It’s amazing how much time has gone by since we worked together all of those years ago. I admire you for all of the lives you’ve made a difference in, and for all of your dedication to being a fabulous educator. Maybe no one has told you this lately, but you make the world a better place. Hugs to you my friend.

• Lisa M April 18, 2017 at 11:07 pm #

Right back at you, my friend!
        Happy spring and an early happy earth day to you! 🙂

4. Claire April 20, 2017 at 4:57 pm #

Of all the sounds of nature around us, water is one of my favorites whether it is the violence of a thunderstorm or the soothing voice of a small stream. Your short video took me out of myself and left me calmer and happier. Thank you.

• Sharon Mammoser April 20, 2017 at 5:34 pm #

Claire, I totally agree with you. Water puts me in a different place, a calmer more peaceful one, always, no matter what I am doing. Today and yesterday were rainy days and I loved them! I walked at the Arboretum in the rain and it was so beautiful. And of course I had it mostly to myself as rain acts like a Stop sign to many…. thanks for reading and for commenting. I am glad you enjoyed the post.