Quote of the Week #72

What are your thoughts on spending time alone? Do you like it? Do you do it often? Or do you avoid it altogether, preferring to always be with someone else? Does being alone make you uncomfortable? Scared? Sad?

For some people, I think solitude equals loneliness. I think there are many people who have never learned how to be alone or are even aware that there IS value in spending time by themselves. I think sometimes our society paints such a negative picture of alone-time.

I came across a quote recently that I thought was fabulous—and now I will share it with you here.

feet-

What are your thoughts? Do you agree or disagree?

This entry was posted in 1 minute meditation, For My Soul, Quote of the Week, Wisdom for your Wednesday and tagged , , , , .

6 Comments

1. Carol Beth Icard August 30, 2016 at 11:11 am #

Great quote, Sharon! I am happiest in one on one conversations or small groups, and enjoy alone time. I don’t think there is any judgement involved, only recognition of what suits a particular person.

• Sharon Mammoser September 2, 2016 at 2:29 am #

True, and everyone is different and has different needs. I definitely need my alone time to be happiest.

2. Nanci Fletcher August 30, 2016 at 7:38 pm #

I absolutely agree, everyone needs to find a place of stillness

• Sharon Mammoser September 2, 2016 at 2:31 am #

I am glad others can relate! I do know people who can”t stand to be alone. Ever. I am not one of them!

3. Colleen Gilgenbach September 2, 2016 at 8:00 pm #

I learned in my late twenties, when I finally lived alone, that there is a big difference between being alone and being lonely. I relish those days and occasionally crave them again. 🙂

• Sharon Mammoser September 5, 2016 at 11:37 am #

Colleen, at least this is something you learned! I think some people may never learn this. Here’s to some wonderful alone time in the near future.